Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wherever I put my sleeping bag is where I call home!

Landed, in Rome :) at 7:15am.. that is 1:15am in PA. And for possibly the first time in my life I could not fall asleep! Had fun occasionally stumbling around the cabin, regaining circulation to my lower half from sitting so long. The plane was not full at all, so we could seat shuffle amongst our group a little. and walk down an isle without tripping over feet everywhere!

After being picked up at the airport we drove for about an hour through Rome to get to the place we're staying... couldnt help nodding off despite the interesting buildings and shops we passed!
arrived here, driving through the (very) narrow gate to see the beautiful little gardens they have!!!! Used the one teeny tiny elevator (two at a time) to get our luggage to our rooms.

Rooming with Jill Miser (despite the option to be alone) psh! much better this way. We have rearranged the room to be more comfy. and are stashing clothes while decorating walls :)
Safely established.

...Toured the building, talked over classes and stuff. Jet lag destroys...

..................................... .............................. ...............................

Just found out details about the accident with the three seniors who volunteered at the fire dept. It is hard being so far away from everyone while things are so rough. I hate not being able to do anything....and now i can't even give a simple hug. Praying for everybody over there anyways.

4 comments:

  1. I am so thankful you decided to blog about your time in Italy. Sharing your experiences is a great way to bless others and allow us to pray for you on your journey.
    Rome is especially beautiful. Enjoy each day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really sad to hear about the three young men from Seneca Valley. I'm sure it's hard to be away from your home community at a time like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you doing the humanities Rome semester?! I'm sure your time there will be incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just keep everyone in your prayers. Your huggs are missed but there really isn't much for anyone to do. I think tales of your adventures.......

    ReplyDelete